Sustainability: the buzz word but have you done anything about it yet?
You’ve heard the word sustainability mentioned over the last few years, but have you really taken it into the heart of your business? Is your strategy anchored by Sustainability?
It’s a complex area and there’s pressure on all businesses to implement fundamental changes which can be daunting. But there are many positive benefits of an increased ESG/sustainability focus that you can use to develop your organisation positively:
• Increased customer satisfaction
• Reduced costs and wastage
• Ensure long-term business resilience
• Increased stakeholder confidence
• Better and affordable access to financial resources
• Enhanced corporate reputation
Embedding sustainability into your business is a marathon not a sprint, but the impact of ensuring your staff and systems adopt it within all aspects of the organisation can only help to drive the benefits above and more.
According to a 2022 Customer Attitudes and Behaviours around Sustainability Survey, customers score companies highly on sustainable packaging, reducing waste and a product’s low carbon footprint. Ethical working practices are also on their radar as well.
SGS United Kingdom Ltd have identified five steps to help businesses review their sustainability strategy and make positive changes.
1. Formation of your ESG strategy
2. Review energy usage, emission levels and identifying improvement opportunities
3. Implement changes
4. Develop your sustainability report
5. Publicly disclose your successes and achievements
SGS Academy offer courses to businesses to increase their knowledge of sustainability and how to implement an ESG framework for their business.
If you’re looking for further support download our free Sustainability Consultancy Brochure today and we’d be happy to discuss it further with you.